Profile of a Colegio Maya Graduate
The Colegio Maya education program is designed to nurture a graduate who:
- Is competent in the application of the skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking in English.
- Demonstrates competency in quantitative, scientific and technological literacy.
- Demonstrates competency in reading, writing, speaking and comprehending Spanish at an appropriate level.
- Is able to find and access information efficiently and effectively.
- Evaluates information competently, and uses information accurately, creatively and responsibly.
- Exhibits awareness and practices sensitivity to environmental preservation.
- Demonstrates the ability to think critically and to solve problems.
- Demonstrates an understanding of history and its relationship to the world today.
- Understands and values the participation and leadership needed to foster a more peaceful world.
- Understands wellness and its implication for a healthy lifestyle.
- Expresses herself/himself creatively and responds with sensitivity to the creative works of others.
- Understands the values and the personal rewards of community service.
- Can live successfully in a multicultural, global society by exercising tolerance, understanding and open mindedness.
- Sustains and enhances self-esteem through integrity, responsibility and self-knowledge.
- Demonstrates an active desire to learn, to reflect and to understand the world.
- Actively works to find his or her voice to become a leader for a more peaceful world.