Thank you for considering Colegio Maya, as an option for your next overseas teaching experience. This information is provided in order to give you a complete idea of our recruitment process.
- We identify the positions available for our next school year. This happens between November and December.
- We post the positions available in this site – JOB POSTINGS.
- The school Director may attend the following Recruiting Fairs :
- AASSA Recruiting Conference
- Search Associates in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Search Associates Recruiting Fair – San Francisco
- University of Northern Iowa
The majority of our candidates are interviewed via Skype and not hired at Job Fairs. Occasionally, a candidate at his or her own expense visits Guatemala and is interviewed on campus. All candidates must go through an interview process.
- CVs are reviewed and likely candidates identified
- Initial short interview to ascertain philosophical and character fit for Colegio Maya
- Reference Checking
- Contact with potential colleagues via email
- Formal interview based on James Stronge 6 domains of effective teaching scored via rubric by teachers and administrators available to attend interview.
You can explore our website to learn a bit more about us, especially reading the Director’s Newsletter which comes out every two weeks.
Steven J. Hupp