Thank you for considering Colegio Maya, as an option for your next overseas teaching experience. This information is provided in order to give you a complete idea of our recruitment process.
- We identify the positions available for our next school year. This happens anytime between September and November. We may have some definite positions and some tentative depending on the declarations and intentions of current staff.
- We post the positions available on this site.
- We will begin the process with strong candidates as CV’s are received and in some cases attend job fairs for additional recruitment.
- The school Director and leadership team may attend the following Recruiting Fairs :
- AASSA Recruiting Conference
- Search Associates (Various Locations)
- University of Northern Iowa
The majority of our candidates are interviewed via Skype and not hired at Job Fairs. Occasionally, a candidate at his or her own expense visits Guatemala and is interviewed on campus. All candidates must go through an interview process, reference checks and background checks before being considered.
- CVs are reviewed and likely candidates identified
- Initial short interview to ascertain philosophical and character fit for Colegio Maya
- Reference Checking
- Contact with potential colleagues via email
- Formal interview process via online conference and or in person
You can explore our website to learn a bit more about us, especially reading the Director’s Newsletter which comes out every two weeks. Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions and inquiries into possible employment in this wonderful community of learners.