Student support services are provided for any student who has specific learning, English language, and/or emotional needs that go beyond regular classroom supports. Services are provided for students with mild disabilities, English language learners, and students with behavioral and/or social/emotional challenges.
The student support services team provides a variety of supports, including...
- Behavioral & Emotional Supports
- Specialized Assessments & Progress Monitoring
- Classroom Recommendations
- Specialized Interventions
- Professional Development
- Communicating student needs to universities, the College Board, and coordinating with outside specialists
Services are provided through push-in and pull-out supports. Push-in supports involve co-teaching and co-planning in the students’ academic classrooms, along with working on specific goals within the natural setting. Pull-out services involve individualized assessments and interventions that cannot be completed in the general education classroom.
The student support services team includes:
- Learning Support Specialists, Susie Ruiz (Elementary) and Krista James (Secondary)
- ESOL Specialists, Sarah Sadrkhanlou (Elementary) and Cri Fernandez (Secondary)
- and Counselors, Ana Lucia Arce (Social and Emotional) and Maggie Kayayan (College and Career)